Top 10 Mistakes Home Sellers Make When Selling Their Home
Are you thinking about selling your home this spring... Below is a quick list of issues that home sellers run into during the process..
- Either over estimating or in under valuing the list price of their home.
- Failing to disclose material facts about their home that adversely affect desirability or value.
- Not properly staging their home.
- Not making their home easily accessible to agents to show.
- Starting out with an inflated asking price, not understanding the negative impact of later price adjustments.
- Emotionally overacting to an initial offer.
- Thinking that subsequent offers will be better then the first offer.
- Excessive conversations with the buyers and/or buyer’s agent.
- Letting small things in the negotiations or transaction become big things, while losing site of the bigger picture.
- Not using Kelly Turbeville to represent them! Gotta have a little fun right!
I would also have to add, not strategically looking at the market and timing as to when is the best time to list to get the best possible outcome. Timing is very important, if you are looking to get top dollar for your home. Even if you are not quite ready but considering a move in the future, reach out to your agent so you can plan accordingly. If you don't currently know a Licensed Realtor.. Give Kelly a call and we are happy to review your options and develop a plan with you.